Friday, May 14, 2010

Help stupid neighbor accidentally shot my og while hunting?

While I was walking my dog in a forest like park a person that was hunting accidentally shot him he is okay and is currently in the vets care. Can I do something about this because at the time my dog was ';going';. He was not moving and he was shot. The person who shot him didnt even apologize all he did was just walk away. When my parents told hi to pay for the vet bills he just said that the dog was in his way.Help stupid neighbor accidentally shot my og while hunting?
Wow, Noodles....I am with Snapper on this one.





';A forest like park'; means he was hunting in a park which is pretty illegal where I am from. Why didn't you call the cops?





If ';The person who shot him didn't even apologize all he did was walk away';, then how did your parents reconnect with him to pay the vet bill? Did you know him or of him?





How far away from the dog where you when the shooting occured? If you where close (i.e. dog on a leash), I would press charges for shooting at me! ((Personally, I would have shot back!))





Sounds to me though like you were walking around a forest during hunting season (strike1) with a dog not on a leash (strike 2) and didn't clean up the doggie doodoo (strike 3).





It is unfortunate if you dog is going through this. The guy should have to pay something, but my thoughts are that so should you. Your behavior needs to be modified a bit so that this does not happen to your dog (or perhaps you!) again.Help stupid neighbor accidentally shot my og while hunting?
After finding the ahole that just shot my dog and taking his rifle away from him and beating him about the head with it. I would have then taken my dog to the vet and handed the vet staff the mans wallet and tell them that is who it is getting billed to. Then while at the vet I would have called the police.





I am a gun owner been one ever since I was 7 years old. This moron as no brains if you can not tell a dog that is white from a deer you do not need to be hunting. Is hunting allowed in this park if so you are also at fault for not knowing what might be there. I would heed the warning to wear blaze orange. and get some for your dog as well. You never know what is going to happen during deer season. I had a guy shoot at me once said he thought I was a deer I was on a Honda 4-Trax 250x in a non hunting area. Thank god my next door neighbor at the time was a sheriff deputy.





Deer = brown


dog = white





I do not know how some one can mistake that.
Call the police , he could have killed you and may kill someone eventually.


I have never been hunting, but I am sure he must have broken some laws to have shot near you.


You have to report this , you would feel bed if he hurts someone and yes he should pay for your dogs vet bill.


Call the police and file a complaint and ask them what other authority's you can file complains with and do it asap.
Never seen a white og before...are they expensive and what do they eat?
That stinks however you should use some common sense and not take your dog for a walk in a a state forest during hunting season. You were asking to have him shot.
Take your og to the og doctor, and then go see an og lawyer.
If you don't wear an orange vest in the woods during hunting season, or take your dog into the woods during hunting season then you are not very bright. You are lucky YOU weren't shot. At the same time the hunter is supposed to be 100% sure of what he's shooting at. To me it's 50/50. He should have to pay half.
shoot his pet..take an eye for an eye
You probably can sue. I have seen cases on those TV court shows where one dog bit another and negligence was proven. Your case is more than negligence and could even be criminal intent.
If he shot your dog and then said he did so because it was ';in his way,'; then it probably wasn't a hunting accident. On the other hand, if you had your dog out where there were people hunting birds and you knew it (or should have known) people were hunting birds or rabbits, a few pellets in a dog is an expected occasional occurrence.
Your og is alive. Be happy. A good shot would have killed that og and you'd have been og-less fore shor. Sue the damned hunter in small brains court, it'll give the judge something to laugh about.
easy sew the shooter!! its all hunters responsibility to make shure the target is what there hunting!
This question truly bothered me and the more I read the more questions I came up with. I have to give Snapper H the full credit here for making me think straight. Your story here has ';tons'; of holes in it.#1 You claim to have been walking your Dog in a forest/park, yet you say nothing about a leash.Was the dog shot on private property or public land ? Was your Dog shot by a rifle or a shogun ?.#2.. You by your own words claim the shooting was an ';accident';, yet the way you have written your accounting of what took place would have us believe there was some intent on the ';neighbors'; part to intentionally shoot your dog.#3 Then you claim this gentleman stated ';Your Dog was in his way.'; That seems to me to be a bizarre thing for anyone to say under the circumstances. #4 You obviously know who this neighbor is if you somehow identified him as the shooter, and he was approached by your parents and they told him to pay the vet bills. When was this ';neighbor'; approached, and at what point did the Dog get taken to the vet for treatment? Slightly wounded or seriously hurt? Which ?The time frame for the events as you decibe them are full of ';holes'; and just don't add up.. There is just so much detail missing here it's hard to understand just how this took place , if in fact it did.Sorry. I really hope that I'm wrong here....As a Dog owner myself, my dogs are like ';kids'; and a big part of our family.





*I am not without compassion here, but the questions far outweigh the answers..
sue him! meanie...
Knowing dick cheney, you'll probably have to sue him to get your money for your dog.
You can take him to court but be prepared to explain your negligence in walking your dog where people are hunting. Your lucky it wasn't you.





Next time walk your dog in a dog park or your own neighborhood and be more careful. You need to shoulder part of the blame.
I may be jaded, but something doesn't sound quite right about your story. I don't know if you're leaving out an important piece of info, or maybe the whole thing is made up, but something isn't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment