Friday, May 14, 2010

What do you think about hunting, good or bad ?

do you think hunting is good or bad and why





only stong opinions pleaseWhat do you think about hunting, good or bad ?
If the good Lord didn't want us to hunt he wouldn't have made meat so tasty.


I hunt for the table, from September through to February my family and I can look forward to duck, pheasant and partridge.





The rest ot the year rabbit, hare, pigeon and venison.





All the above is shot and prepared with care. The food is fresh, tasty and far better than the shite you buy pre packed from Tesco or walmart.








P*ssed off with answering this question so I've copied and pasted a previous answer. I still haven't changed my views either.What do you think about hunting, good or bad ?
Hunting is necessary for the health of species. I'm an undergrad in Wildlife and Fisheries and can attest to this fact. If there were no hunters, there would be NO revenue from hunting licenses, ammunition, supplies etc. to buy land for these animals and to keep them protected. Groups like PETA don't donate a red cent to wildlife preservation, and would rather run ads about furry animals than to spend their money wisely. (I guess snakes and lizards don't count as animals to them.)





If not for hunting, entire populations would die off from overbrowsing, disease, etc. It's a good and necessary thing for both the animals and humans. It brings healthy, natural food for the table and creates fond memories.





Just because you're a hunter doesn't mean that you can't be an animal lover. I absolutely LOVE animals, and still get the warm fuzzy feeling inside about them. However, I just have a sound understanding of ecology, unlike most anti-hunters that base their opinions on emotions alone.
It depends on what you are hunting and why, if you are eating what you hunt it is acceptable, I believe there is no other acceptable reason to hunt. ';Overpopulation'; is BS, humans are the most overpopulated species on earth and nobody wants to address that. The animals were here first and we have no right to control their populations.
Hunting is a culture of tradition and part of that tradition is teaching each new generation of hunters respect and admiration of wildlife and all its wonders. State wildlife and parks agencies keep studies of all the species and use hunting as a tool to keep the food chain in check. Besides, there is an ebb and flow throughout the seasons of different species and they try to see that what is harvested doesn't exceed what would die through the winter anyways. If all hunting stopped tomorrow, there wouldn't be enough food for that entire population to thrive. So the question becomes, what is worse for that animal, a quick ethical kill to be eaten by the sportsman, or letting many animals slowly starve and disease to set in?


I think here awhile back they stopped coyote hunting in parts of KS. Next thing they knew, there was a sharp deline in native bird and rabbit populations. It threw the food chain all out of whack. Imagine if no animals were hunted.


I do concur with the idea that you only hunt to eat what you kill and respect the animal. I think some of the animal rights folks have misconceptions (as I am sure we do of them as well) about hunters that we just throw most animals away. I was disappointed to find out when talking with a guy from eastern OK that wild hog didn't taste that good at all. I was wanting to eventually try my hand at it, but he said it tastes awful, so that pretty much removed that option for me.


I read a report in a KS wildlife magazine here awhile back; it showed the figures for what PETA does with ';rescued animals';. A large percentage of them are euthanized, I understand their persepective but that is pretty hypocritical. And as a final thought I would love any hardcore animal rights activist to drive 300 miles in KS in the dead of the night and tell me that I shouldn't kill any deer. Should we stop driving too? Around opening day of pheasant season you'll see a deer or two every mile of any highway here in northern KS.
i think hunting is good for a number of reasons. first off it means spending quality time with my nephew or father or brothers. It also gives me the chance to enjoy nature in general. Its not like i shoot any animal i see, on occasion i simply watch the wildlife play around. I also believe that without hunting deer inparticular we would have a huge problem with overpopulation, we already do! our family consumes at least 3-4 deer in a season. now on the other hand killing leopards and lions and elephants for the fun is not right i dont care how you look at it.
well since you have asked your question in the hunting answers what kind of answers do you expect to get......other than the occasional bunny tree hugger that comes here to harass us I would say everyone on here likes to hunt and thinks it is fine......we do not need to explain ourselves to anyone
hunt only to eat. if you hunt for the kill, it's for the wrong reason. Have fun hunting, be outdoors, with family and friends. It is a sport, but do it for the food.
i love to hunt...i dont shoot an animal just to kill something..humans have been hunting since time began..if you are against hunting for the sport of it and to put food on the table..go to a slaughter house..
Hunting should be taught to all who will learn. Respect for life, and many survival skills are learned. Why would you ask a bunch of hunters such a question??
its a great thing, and we as hunters do far more then PETA freaks.


so its win-win for us and our prey.
Bad.





hurting animals and killing them is horrible. I am an animal lover myself, and I am a vegetarian. I would not kill animals as a hobby. That is just pathetic and sad.





hope this helps


-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment