Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hunting on Pennsylvania State Game Lands?

I have not hunted or held a license to hunt in about 15 years. I am interested in getting started back up but do not have anywhere to hunt. I understand that PA has state game lands where hunting by the public is allowed, but how does one go about it? Is special permission needed from the state? Do they give you an assigned area in the lands to hunt (I know this is done on several military bases)? I have not been able to find anything but maps of these lands on the internet. Any information would be appreciated.Hunting on Pennsylvania State Game Lands?
Well I have hunted PA all my life but never on State Game Lands due to over population of local idiots shooting at anything that walks. Im almost a 100% sure all you need is a license and a gun and you can walk right on and shoot on any game land. Im from York County and we have quite a bit of game lands around us. I know there is some big ones up near Dillsburg where I go to shoot but your best bet is to call, Pennsylvania Fish and Game and ask them to be sure. The best idea though would be to ask someone to hunt their land because the odds of you getting something would be much much better. Good luck and email me if you have any other questions, I have property upstate and know plenty of people in PA that could help you out. If I knew where in PA you were thinking about I could give you a better answer.





Also if you go buy a license from Walmart and get the booklet that comes along with it, they have all of these areas marked as well as the regulations of firearms and anything you want to know.Hunting on Pennsylvania State Game Lands?
Go here to find out.* Pa. Game Commission.com
  • sell makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment