Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why do cats and dogs make jerky, robotic-looking movements when hunting?

I just figure that because their muscles are stiffened up as they are attempting to be quiet and methodical with their movements, it ends up looking that way.Why do cats and dogs make jerky, robotic-looking movements when hunting?
I'm not totally sure but it seems that I read that cats hypnotize their prey, that's a long process but once hypnotized, their prey will die even if they don't catch it. I picked my cat up once and brought the mouse in the woods. The next day, I checked and the mouse was still there but dead, even though my cat didn't touch it.Why do cats and dogs make jerky, robotic-looking movements when hunting?
By jerky, robotic-looking movements I think you mean stealth.


They hunt like that to keep noise to a minimum.
  • sell makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment