Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is your preferred bullet when hunting Whitetail Deer?

I have a Savage 30-06 and I would just like to know what load you use. Example: Winchester Super-X Power Point, 150 grain.What is your preferred bullet when hunting Whitetail Deer?
I have a 30/06, great choice on the caliber. For my money I use Winchester Ballistic Silvertips in the 180 grain loads. Now I know alot of people think that 180 grain is alittle much for deer, but i've never had one even run 20 yards. The ballistic silvertips fly well over long distances and still hold up to put the smack down on that buck of your dreams.


So whatever you decide make sure you take this one piece of advice. Spend a few dollars and see what flys and patterens the best out fo your gun. Because that will be the choice for you, like I said for my money the choice for me is the ballistic silvertips.


So happy hunting and good luckWhat is your preferred bullet when hunting Whitetail Deer?
Personally I shoot a .243 with 100 gr. federal premium ammo.
When up close and personal I really like 158 grain .357 Magnum loads in my winchester lever rifle. Haven't lernt to reload something bigger just yet.





10 gauge Sabots??? hehe
I prefer the 180 grain boat-tail match bullet*....
150 soft point does it every time.
.308 with 150 grain boat tail
I reload for all my center fire rifles, and in 30 caliber my favorite deer bullet is the Hornady 150 grain boat tail soft point (3033 in their catalog). If you are serious about hunting and shooting I suggest you start reloading. Once you pay for the equipment it saves money with each shot you take, and you can load cartridges far superior in both power and accuracy to anything the factories put out.
Depending on the gun Im using:





200 grain Hornady XTP - 44 mag, H110 powder for 1800FPS out of a 10inch barrel contender.





250 grain Hornady XTP - 45 colt, H110 powder for 1400 FPS out of a 7 1/2 barrel Ruger Bisley.





130 grain Barnes triple shock 308 forget which powder used but approx 2900-3000 FPS
220 grain Barnes in 348 Win., with Win. brass full of IMR 4350 and started with a CCI BR2. For most other calibers I use, I keep going back to Nosler Partitions with sectional densities of around .27+.
About teh only thing im allowed to use in my state are slugs!
150 grain Soft tip Winchester or Remington,(Super X or Power Point) controlled expansion, 2 1/2 tons PSI smack down power.......Doesn't get any better than this!
25-06 100 grain
my hubby uses winchester bullets
Stay with the 150grain. The Winchester cartridge mentioned is a very good choice.





Good choice for deer. However unless shooting varmits, hard to beat the 180 grains

No comments:

Post a Comment