Saturday, January 16, 2010

I love being outdoors, hunting, and watching animals in their natural habitat. What jobs are there for me?

All the jobs I have found are under average income. I have been in biology for two years and it doesn't interest me as much as the outdoors. I recently watched the premeire of planet earth and loved it. A job like that would be fun. Any suggestions?I love being outdoors, hunting, and watching animals in their natural habitat. What jobs are there for me?
Planet Earth show that recently aired on Discovery Channel was a fantastic collection of an extremely dedicated bunch of filmakers and photographers. The footage shown was stunning and beyond anything I have seen afield or on screen. I truly enjoyed the programs.





A person with your background could be very useful in Wildlife Habitat Management and Assisstance. There are such programs in every country and state. Also, and of a prime consideration of my own would be in fisheries management or biology. Many online resources to contact are available for those so inclined.





One link I found interesting was this one:


http://wdfw.wa.gov/habitat.htm





There are sure to be similar links found in your home state or whichever state interests you.


The pay is not nearly as rewarding as the job, but I think a good living can be made with the right degrees.





I hope your future is involved with the great outdoors and I wish you well.I love being outdoors, hunting, and watching animals in their natural habitat. What jobs are there for me?
wildlife biologist, game warden, park ranger. sure, some of these jobs are under average in pay, but look at the perks you get with many of these jobs, and its doing something you like. its not always about the almighty dollar, grasshopper.
park ranger or at a zoo or theme park that keeps animals in settings close to their natural habitats. I've found you usually have to make a choice between high salary or job satisfaction. it's the fortunate individual that gets both.
Something you may enjoy would be a park ranger or a Game Warden. Game Wardens here in California make good livings, and they are going to by placed under the same department as the California Highway Patrol... meaning they will adopt the CHPs pay and benifits... some of the best law enforcement benifits in the country. I believe starting wage is $55,000 a year.





For a job such as a camera man with the discovery channel, you have to have experiance filming. The best way to get this would be to take courses at your local junior college, and then get a job at a local TV station or something like that. The applications for those jobs are probably through the roof, so I imagine it is very competitive in that specific industry.
Environmental Activist,They get free trips ,helicopters,etc and some become millionaries from money donated from bleeding heart , people .

No comments:

Post a Comment