Monday, January 18, 2010

In what USA states do you NOT have to wear Orange vest while deer hunting?

No orange at all.In what USA states do you NOT have to wear Orange vest while deer hunting?
When you get an answer let me know. I won't be hunting in those states. Safety first. I have been shot at twice while wearing orange. People are idiots.In what USA states do you NOT have to wear Orange vest while deer hunting?
In connecticut, one does not need Orange during early bow season.





Orange is necessary once gun season opens. Also at the end of bow season, about 2 weeks before gun season, there is landowner gun season, that runs the same as the bow. This is to say that land owners on their land can use a gun 2 weeks before the general public while bow season is still open; this is landowner season, and before it is early bow..





During gun season, bow hunting is not allowed. After gun season there is muzzle loader season, when bow hunting is allowed again; this is considered late bow season. Orange is again needed.





The general rule is that you need orange if there are guns in the woods, unless you are the landowner, on you land.





This may not be true everywhere, but I have hunted in at least 10 states and it seems to be the same, with little change just about every where.
Wounded Duck -- Yeah, you were shot at WHILE wearing orange. My brother was shot at once WHILE wearing orange. Of friend of mine was shot at WHILE wearing orange. There's seems to be people going out there to, if not to hit, but at least to scare hunters. Yeah.... far fetched , right? I think not. If the animal activists can't see you, they can't shoot at you either.





Just my thoughts.
Wow, a very impressive question. As a hunter I look forward to coming back to get the answer. Until then, Im going to take a cheap 2 points. Where do you hunt? I hunt in Wisconsin, and we have to 50% of our upper body in blaze orange, and if we have a hat on, it has to be 50% blaze orange as well. I think michigan just needs to have the upper body, I don't think they need the hat.
During Bow Season in Michigan you are not required to wear orange, but the rest of the season, such as shot gun season, and black powder season you have to.
It is not required, but recommended, in:





Vermont


Oregon


New York


New Hampshire


Idaho


California


Arizona


Alaska
In Virginia the requirement is 100 square inches of orange. Can be vest, hat, or even a piece of cloth. I keep mine in my pocket...
New Hampshire requires NO hunter orange
Two I know of are California and Alaska.
Oregon! Thank god...I hate wearing orange...
south carolina only requires it on game management, not private property.
NM says it is a good idea but not required
I have not heard of any state that does not allow you to not to wear orange while hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment