Saturday, January 16, 2010

Relocating to minnesota. How far in advance should begin job hunting.?

I am moving in Late August. Is it too early to start sending out resumes. I am just afraid that if I start sending out resumes too soon that I won't be able to interview.Relocating to minnesota. How far in advance should begin job hunting.?
It depends on the type of job you want. Sometimes it could take a few weeks or months.





Here's a link to the best newspaper's HELP WANTED ads and if you haven't already, remember to check MONSTER.com and craigslist too!





Have fun in Mpls!Relocating to minnesota. How far in advance should begin job hunting.?
I would start sending them out and list in your cover letter when you will be arriving in the state. If nothing else I have heard of people interview by phone. A good place to look for jobs aside from the local paper is the Minnesota Job bank. You will have to sign up but it is free and VERY useful! The people at the Minnesota Work force center are also very friendly and helpful.





http://www.mnworks.org/ Go to job seekers and sign up. Right now there are almost 28,000 jobs listed in the state. You can also look by city or region where you will be moving to. My husband and I have found our jobs here.





Here is a list of the MN cities that have newspapers on line


http://www.mnnews.com/index.html





It also doesn't hurt to search the yellow pages in the area and send out resumes to companies in your field.





Good Luck, You will enjoy MN!

No comments:

Post a Comment