Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's the most rediculous question you've seen in the Hunting section?

Ive seen : Can I hunt deer with an airsoft rifle?


Would a .50BMG be strong enough to take down a bear?





Were can I find a gun without a permit?


etc...








What have you seen on here that made you either absolutely laugh out loud, or be VERY worried about someone's complete lack of firearm knowledge?What's the most rediculous question you've seen in the Hunting section?
How many times did someone ask, ';Can a bullet curve like in the movie?';


I get chills when I read the questions about ';How do I train to be a sniper?';


And then there are the ones who ask ';would you rather be shot with a .357 Magnum or a 12 gauge?'; or ';Would a bulletproof vest stop a .44 Magnum round?'; (Those make me worry that we're about to read a really sad story in the paper.)What's the most rediculous question you've seen in the Hunting section?
I've seen a couple and I think the dumbest one was this one: ';I just got shot by accident in the stomach, what should I do?';





Also, I know there's a lot of people out there that are just getting into the world of shooting sports, but the questions about which gun is right for me are really hard, and impossible to actually answer because each person's abilities, strengths, etc are different, so for example I love the Colt 1911 .45ACP, but someone else might not be able to hold the weapon in their hands due to its size, etc. So trying to answer a question like that is really hard over the internet without actually meeting with the person and having them try different guns from different manufacturers and actually going out to the range and shooting them to see which one is most comfortable.
I recently posted two questions about using a 1919A6 to hunt deer that I thought were kind of funny. Taking a 30 odd pound machine gun with a shoulder stock into the woods with a 250 round belt is my idea of a good time. I did enjoy some of the responses.





I do agree that many of the questions posted are ridiculous just on the basis that these people could do the Yahoo / Google search themselves and come up with the answers. As an example, the person who asks, can I buy a gun in my state. A quick Google will turn up the NRA site with tons of info. Having said that, I have answered many of those questions. I guess those that ask on this forum don't understand how to do research.





The most stupid ones that I see in this section relate to the question, ';How can you nasty people go out and kill poor little Innocent Bamby';. The fun thing is to watch these people get trounced by the community.
I think the worst ones are often very simple, such as ';What's the most powerful handgun?';





Questions like ';Can I hunt XXX animal in XXX state on XXX day or with XXX gun';? etc., etc., bother me the most. Yahoo runs this site. They also run a search engine that can be found at www.yahoo.com. Simply typing in your state's name and hunting regulations (put all of this in quotes) will take you to your state's dept. of wildlife where you can find this info.


No one who asks a hunting regulation question on here should ever take the word of people on this site, and should look it up anyway, so why not skip Yahoo Answers and go straight to the source?
If you don't like the questions. you don't have to answer. People are coming on here and asking because they don't know. Or maybe they want to get into hunting, but don't know someone to help them. Or they might be new to guns.





I try to answer any questions that I can. There might be a kid out there who's father doesn't hunt, or they might not have a father and are interested in the sport.





I know some quest. are frustrating, but its good to try and help.
too many to count.





some of the self defense advise that gets spouted around here should be kept in the script of a ';Die Hard'; style movie.





The Glock Posse ...most need a polymer gun... if they ever had to return fire they would find that plastic doesnt rust so bad when it's pee'ed on.





The tactical shotgun crowd... dont they know that clearing a building is a last ditch option.. and thats why you called the police when you went to the safe room.





some of the ';I broke my gun'; stories show why money and brains are not the same thing also.
This one... ridiculous is how to spell ';rediculous';


be VERY worried about someone's complete lack of SPELLING knowledge





Doh!
The ';Would I be injured/killed if I get shot by _______*';





*%26gt;fill in the blank%26lt;





When you see one of those, you know you have a future Darwin award winner on your hands.
Well - the funniest ones I've seen are the ones asking about gun control.
what kind of gun can a felon buy LOL the stupidest by far
this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment