Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Do you personally know anyone who has been injured in a hunting accident?

I know one guy who went to sleep up in a deer stand, and broke an arm when he fell out of the tree.Do you personally know anyone who has been injured in a hunting accident?
I know three


But they were injured more from foreseeable stupidity than true accidents





One was shot in the arm when he handed his jammed rifle to his buddy to fix


The buddy failed to follow the four rules and blew the tricep out of the other one's left arm





A cousin was duck hunting and some ducks flew up between his boat and another


The other hunter shot just as the ducks were leaving the lake and he was directly across from my cousin


Dave turned just as the shot was fired and took the shotgun blast in the back


Luckily the distance was far enough and the cold weather gear was thick enough that it just cause severe bruising to Dav's back





Another friend found a tree stand made out of electrical conduit nailed to a tree in the woods





He got about halfway up when the substandard material snapped in half


He landed on his back on top of a cyprus knee and broke his back


He was dead by the time they found himDo you personally know anyone who has been injured in a hunting accident?
My cousin was killed on a deer drive. A buck circled back between him and his brother and his brother missed the buck and shot him through the liver. I was 14 and it was the worst day of my life. I quit hunting for a few years after that.





Another cousin was walking down a logging road and a stray bullet hit him in the forearm. Nobody knows who shot it, we never even heard a shot. The game warden figured it was someone who had shot into the air miles away.
my boyfriend was trapping for this one guy (trap shooting) and the guy who was shooting turned around to see something and he shot right over my boyfriend's head


and then bout a year later, the same guy almost shot him.. again.. this time almost his feet. the guy, again, had turned around to see something and he pulled the trigger and he shot right between my boyfriends feet


needless to say, no one is around that guy who almost shot my bf twice- and that guy is no where near safe with guns or anything
I know a guy who killed his father in a deer hunting ';accident'; about 40 years ago. When he got back to town and told the cops, they held a big party for him, and his whole family rejoiced. His dad was a drunk abusive man, and this is how things worked out back then.
I don't know him personally but my dad's friend's son got shot in the leg while pheasant hunting. And My pheasant hunting leader at a club I went to also got shot in the leg.


My sister almost shot me in the head with her shotgun when pheasant hunting to.


Oh and not while hunting but my dad was 7 when he shot accidentally shot himself in the thumb with a bb gun. He was jumping over a fence with the gun in his hand and put his thumb over the barrel and the gun went off.
I used to. He was accidentally shot %26amp; made a paraplegic by another hunter. He accepted that it was just an accident.
Yeah, me....lol


I was lucky though, it was a shotgun blast that bounced off a piece of metal near the targeted turkey, I got peppered with the shot all up and down my right arm...lol
not exactly and ';accident'; but i know a guy (game warden) who was shot with a .308 by a guy he was giving a ticket to, the man ended up getting away too
No --- BUT - I have been in a firearms accident --- A rifle exploded on my when I pulled the trigger.... This was 7 months ago and I am still picking tiny pieces of steel out of me!
A friend of mine about twenty years ago was shot and bleed to death before he got to the hospital. He was only 16 years old.
my dad got shot in the back of the leg with a .22 air rifle when him and his friend jumped over a gate with gun in hand
I knew a guy who had a tree stand fall out on him and he fell on his own arrows. It was a bad deal.
i shot my foot with a littke 410 i was lucky it was not a 12 gauge i was luckey it was a bird shot
Yes, my aunt's brother was shot in the back many years ago and he's in a wheelchair now.
my grandfather accidently got his eye shot out. he now has to wear a glass one its kinda funny
No.
Yes.
NO
No
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment