Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who is your perfect hunting partner?

If you could go hunting with one person, dead or alive, who would it be with. What would you hunt and where would you go?Who is your perfect hunting partner?
As a bowhunter, my choice is the obvious Fred Bear. He was such a natural at the sport. Knowledgeable and ethical.





I have no intentions of sounding like a religious freak here because I'm not one. But when I start the first day of a hunting season, the first thing I do after I dress and before heading into the woods is get on one knee and say thanks to God for giving me another season to take part in the hunt. I spend most of the year anticipating the opener and when it finally comes and I find myself physically healthy to take part in it, I feel truly blessed.





Just the act of being in the woods with Nature and the various wildlife is the most spiritual feeling I have. I ask God to bless me with success. I ask God to guide my arrow for a clean kill. And when I do experience success, I never forget to thank God for providing me and my family with food. I never forget to show the animal due respect for giving up it's life for me.





Like I say- I ain't no religious fanatic but I guess in a way I take God with me. I never say any of this stuff out loud, only to myself. But there's more to a hunt than just getting the animal. If I walk out of the woods emptyhanded, I still have a great memory.





I think my most memorable hunt ever would be to hunt a bison. Next to that, maybe someone in Idaho can show me some good elk spots.





Worst favorite- any 'game' farms that have the animals fenced in. I don't care how many acres. To me that's not hunting.Who is your perfect hunting partner?
I meant to say I am NOT the most religious person

Report Abuse



I think (QI) has said it all- Amen to that!
Eva Longoria would be pretty high on my list. Not too often a perosn of such beauty is an avid hunter.





Leaving fantasy land....





My perfect hunting partner would be anyone who I enjoy being with...my father, my brother, my children (hopefully one day). I'd love to hunt with my wife, but that is not her cup of tea (and I am happy to respect that).
a 1967 Ford Bronco with a 289 V-8 motor %26amp; 4-11 rear end is the absolutely best partner ever created. mount a power take-off winch on the front bumper and you have perfection. i would put in for southern Wyoming antelope %26amp; sage grouse (maybe go after a few 5 or 6 lbs brown trout), and western Wyo elk %26amp; deer the week after the opening (let the amateurs go home before you make your move). then try to hunt Montana bighorn sheep, moose %26amp; goat after Oct 15. after November i would go after 10+ lbs walleye %26amp; 15+ lbs lake trout.
Anybody except Dick Cheney!
She'd be about 5'5';, green eyes, could shoot a tick off a deer at 350 yards, could skin and quarter a boar in 15 minutes, and would keep me very well entertained in deer camp.





Since that'd never happen...anyone who is safe with guns, respects game animals, and enjoys the hunt.
I'd go with my wife. She is biologist and every time we go in the woods I learn something new. Plus she's fun in a ground blind!
Clint Eastwood





I can picture him staring down a boar saying ';make my day punk'; lol








Ahh, wait... I forgot about Nugent. I would love to go bow hunting with that wacko!
I always hunt with my older brother, we hunt moose, deer, black bear on occasion, and small game like pheasant, grouse, and rabbit. A person I would have loved to go hunting with is my Grandfather who past away before I was born.
Charlton Heston


I'd take him Elk hunting in Eastern Oregon.
Jenna Jameson. :)
My son. Doesn't matter where we go or what we hunt. Some of our best hunts have been when we didn't even see anything!!! Getting young people involved in hunting is what our sport needs. Also, and more importantly, the one on one contact without phones, TV, Computers and so on lead to more and longer personal conversations. Every time I take my son out I learn a little more about him. When hunting he is no longer my son, he becomes my best friend.
Oprah Winfrey and Tupac Shakur both armed with AK's....





Just kidding.





I enjoy hunting with my son. Otherwise, Louis Dearborn La'mour.
Bow hunting with Ted Nugent. Now that would be a hunt you always remember.
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment