Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Can you own a gun at the age of 14? Just curious because I want to go hunting with my dad one day.?

No I'm not a psycho. I just want to know with like a gun license and what not, if my dad bought me a gun could I legally operate it?Can you own a gun at the age of 14? Just curious because I want to go hunting with my dad one day.?
What State? In most states you can hunt,shoot as long as your parent or guardian is there present. Your dad would have to buy in his name and you could not have it in your room loaded or anything in most states. If the police were to show up for any reason and see minor with gun in their room it could be trouble with all the kids going psycho with guns you see.





Hunting requires a license and a stamp if hunting controlled game.





Where I am you can hunts pests like yotes without a license.





But, it depends on your state. Have fun and be safe and take a gun and hunting safety class please.Can you own a gun at the age of 14? Just curious because I want to go hunting with my dad one day.?
Technically, you can't own anything at age 14. Anything that you consider yours, is legally in your parents' name.





But basically, you can have a gun at age 14. In the eyes of the law, it would be considered your parents', however. You can shoot a gun at any age. You don't need a license to fire a gun.





You do need a license to hunt. You're old enough to get one. Some hunting stores offer classes and can sell you the license. Look online for any places like this in your area. When you get your hunting license, you can go hunting with your dad.
Yes u could. There r no laws stating how old u have to be before u can hunt or shoot a rifle or shotgun. I know that it is required for all school children to take a Hunter Safety Course. U have to have the paper stating that u passed this course in order to get your hunting license when turn 16. Back in the day, I could have gotten my Lifetime Sportsman License for $250 when I was 16 in the state I live in (NC). Now, it cost $500. Getting your Lifetime Sportsman License is a very wise choice if u plan on hunting and fishing alot in the future. I started hunting on my own when I was 14 with a double barrel Church Hill made in Spain. I'd give anything to have it back. Hope this helps u out..
You can go hunting and handle and use a firearm. But only when an adult, most likely your father is with you. Otherwise he gets in trouble. You do not need a license to buy or own a gun.





You cannot legally buy or own a weapon until your are 18. Ownership can be transferred to you then.
You cannot legally own a gun at 14, but once you take a hunter safety course, you can legally shoot it.





You'll need a hunting license, a tag for the animal you'll be hunting, and a hunter safety card showing that you passed it.
You cannot own a gun until you are 18, and a handgun until you are 21. You can however, be the unofficial owner. Your dad would legally own it. The only difference is that it would be registered under his name. You can still shoot it and hunt.
Yes of course. Your dad can take you hunting with him, and you can carry your own gun. In most states, there is no minimum age requirement for this. Also, in most every state, there is no such thing as a gun license.
You can do anything your dad lets you do. I started my son shooting at age 7 and got him his first rifle on his 10th Bday. Pulled him out of H.S. for a week to go deer hunting in Idaho when he was 15. He learned more in those Mtns then he could in a classroom.
You would unofficially own it. Your dad would be the official owner until you are 18. It doesn't matter in the slightest. You still get to shoot it.
If you live in most of the US ( except maybe CA, DC, MA, MD, and NY), your father will be able to buy it for you and let you use it. In any other country, I have no idea.
You can't legally own it at 14, but whoever buys it for you will own it legally, but it can still be your gun.
sure you can it happens all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment