Saturday, January 16, 2010

I am going duck hunting for the first time and I need to know exactly what i need to take?

I need a checklist to tell me what i need to bring. The person taking me is going to do all of the calling and field care. I just need the basics. Any answers you give will be greatly appreciated. thank you.I am going duck hunting for the first time and I need to know exactly what i need to take?
Duck urineI am going duck hunting for the first time and I need to know exactly what i need to take?
-hunting license and all endorsements required to hunt ducks in your state


-migratory bird regulations


-knowledge of duck species, which ones are legal to shoot, and limits


-shotgun with plug


-a box or two of size 2-5 shot steel shotgun shells


-means of retrieval for your birds (dog or waders) if in water


-water and food (if your going to be out all day)


-toilet paper (just good to have some around)


-clothes that will match the color of ground that you will be hunting, and will be appropriate for the temp. (camouflage, is best)


-I like to have a camera


-something to carry your ducks with (vest or straps)


-I take binoculars, but they are not necessary.





That is what I take, and it works for me.
Watch the outdoor channel or other sports channel ad check the schedule for duck hunting shows. Note what they use and take. Are you hunting i the same type of region?





Check with who is taking you for the duck hunt.


Shotgun, steel shot shells, license (state and federal)


dog or boat for water recovery........
Regs,License.Camo,Boots,hat...proper magnum shells if lead is not allowed...usually full choke barrel and a 12ga gun. Lead is best....but,you may need something else like Bizmuth,hevishot or steel shot. Bizmuth,hevishot cost more but,is much better than regular steel shot. Shot size 4 is good for ducks or maybe #2 if long shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment